HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/9/10

Rain, Tears

Devotional for 12/10/10


“For the soil which has drunk the rain that repeatedly falls upon it
 and produces vegetation useful to those for whose benefit it
is cultivated partakes of a blessing from God”
Hebrews 6:7
(amplified bible)

Rain, tears...
a gentle cleansing.
Renewed, refreshed
in the washing of Your Spirit.
Gently scrubbing,
rinsing away...
Revealing the beauty that You've placed there.


Strength, safety, shelter
in Your Trustworthy Hands...
Knowing where to wash
till I'm all shiny and clean.
The joy you must feel
to see Your reflection in me.


Thank You Lord.






I am reminded today that we must allow the Lord to gently wash those places that are inside of us. They may be places of sin, or places of pain. I don’t think that what they are is as important as what they do. If they are allowed to remain inside of our hearts and spirits, they become places that hinder us.



When we allow the Lord to have access to these places, we begin to see and understand how deep His love is for us. We begin to realize that His purpose in our lives is to bring healing, and wholeness. We begin to see and feel that there is hope. As we allow Him to gently “wash” us, we begin to become familiar with His touch and we come to realize that we can trust Him.



“Lord, I can’t even begin to say that I understand all of the wonderful ways that you work in our lives. But what I can say is that I know you do. I want to thank you today for being a personal God. I remember the days when I was afraid to come to you, and how you gently You began to draw me. I remember how I began to trust You, with more and more of myself. I thank you that who I am today is all because of You. I thank you Lord, for all that You have done, and all that You will continue to do. I pray that You will have Your way in all of our lives, today and always. Amen”



Written by Beverley A Napier

No comments:

Post a Comment