HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/13/12

Monday Devotional

As soon as I pray....

 

"If we do the little thing, God will do the impossible thing." We must raise our expectations and pray in thanksgiving for everything that we know He wants for us. He knows in advance all of the things - big and small - that keep us distressed and distracted. He can use them to draw us to Hm, but will only do this when we cry out to Him. In pain, in praise, in confusion, in thanksgiving. With a huge dance of faith or softly whispered into the cupped hands that catch our falling tears.

Each gift, each struggle that we get through can build our faith, if we allow ourselves to accept that God has already done the impossible for us, so many times. Just being alive today is a miracle. Each smile that we give to a stranger can change their hurt to hope. Then we become a part of a greater miracle, and maybe feel more hope for our world.

Pastor Marvin Sapp wrote a wonderful song, with these lyrics:

"I’ve had my share of ups and downs,
times when there was no one around,
God came and spoke these words to me,
praise will confuse the enemy.
I started singing, I started clapping,
I started dancing, people were laughing,
they knew my problems, they knew my pain,
but I knew God would take them away."
Praise Him In Advance - Marvin Sapp

Those of you know know me know that I am not physically powerful, but our God is stronger that I could ever hope to be. I am not a college graduate, but our God can bless me with wisdom far beyond the greatest scholars in the world. I am not comfortable with new people, but our God's joy floods me to overflowing, so I am forced to speak to people everywhere, and receive more blessing from each encounter.

Most of my steps have been baby steps. Some have been backwards, some have been stumbling over my own reluctant feet, some have been on my knees crying in confusion. But I know that Our Father is standing way out in front of me, beckoning me to Him with loving arms wide open.

And knowing this is the greatest miracle of them all!

"As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength."
Psalm 138:3

Written by Lynda Kinnard



No comments:

Post a Comment