HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/31/13

Prayer, Simple and Heartfelt...Friday

11/1/13

When I was first asked to do some writings for Women's Focus Ministries, I felt honored, yet a little scared. I felt I heard the Lord say "Don't fear, you know I will help you. I want this for you. Follow me". Quickly, I was reminded that when The Lord asks something of you, you do it. 

Many nights I lay awake, unable to sleep. As a young mother, with two young boys, this is not uncommon for me. I constantly have thoughts running through my mind. This is also the time I often pray. Last night I prayed to The Lord to help me figure out what to write for my first writing. What did He want me to say? It didn't take long for me to hear Him say "talk about prayer". This is my experience with prayer.

 always felt maybe my prayers weren't "deep" enough or long enough. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Maybe I didn't know or understand God enough. Maybe God wouldn't listen cause I'm not doing it right.  I have since learned there is no right or wrong and God always listens. Prayers don't need to be long and "meaty", or worded in a certain way for God to hear us. God just wants us to pray to Him and keep in constant communication with Him in our hearts. A prayer can be a simple "please help", "please forgive me" or simply "thank you". Have faith that your prayers are being heard and will be answered in His way, at His time to fulfill His great plan for you. Just keep praying and always be thankful!

Two scriptures I enjoy in regards to prayer, are... 

 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4:2 

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, 
for they love to pray standing in the synagogues 
and on the street corners to be seen by others. 
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 
But when you pray, go into your room, 
close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. 
Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, 
will reward you. And when you pray, 
do not keep on babbling like pagans,
 for they think they will be heard
 because of their many words. Do not be like them, 
for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Matthew 6:5-8

Here is a song sung by Allison Kraus.
I am sure you will enjoy it.

God Bless,

Kristin Erskine

1 comment:

  1. Your first entry is such a blessing Kristin. You have spoken wisely about the way prayer should be. We do not have to follow a formula set in stone. We just need to talk to God as our friend.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete