HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/4/11

God's Perfect Peace

God's word tells us in Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." I find this scripture to be very true indeed!

When I focus on Christ and all He is, and when I meditate on His word, I experience much peace. When I go about my day worshiping Him, and thanking and praising Him, I also experience tremendous peace.

On the other hand, when I am walking through a difficult situation and dwell on that situation instead of Christ, I have no peace. When I worry about a family member and am not trusting God about them, and dwell on that for a period of time, I have no peace. I am then walking in discouragement and hopelessness.

It says in Proverbs the first part, " For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." In all essence, it is saying that what we set our hearts on, what we allow our minds to think about, that is what the outcome will be.

Every day we have a choice on what we will set our minds on. I ask for each of us that the Lord will grant us strength daily to choose to focus on Him. It is then, that we will experience God's true and perfect peace.

Blessings,
Written by Sandy

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much Sandy! I need to remember this so much right now... hard to remember when I am distraught!

    ReplyDelete