HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/11/11

Reach Out and Touch Someone


Devotional for May 12,2011
 Is there someone in your life that you’ve been meaning to call? A friend or family member who keeps coming to mind and you wonder how they’re doing. When I talk to someone after a long while -I ask myself, “Why did I wait so long?” I took a poll to see what it is that keeps us from acting on the loving thoughts that come to mind.

Answers:

• I’m never sure when would be a good time.
• I know she’s busy, and I hate to interrupt.
• If she wanted to talk to me, she’d call.
• I’d love to call her when I have the time.

Here is what I have learned when a thought comes to me to do something. If it’s really good - then it’s probably from God. What I mean is, it’s probably not even my great idea -but God’s!

Romans 7:18 (AMP)
For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot perform it. [I have the intention and urge to do what is right, but no power to carry it out.]

I have heard from women, who, when they heard that other women avoided ‘interrupting’ or ‘bothering’ them - wished they would have interrupted. Yes, they might be busy - but they will let you know if it is truly not a good time for them. The words I got from would be recipients included: appreciated break, respite, relief, and refreshment. Basically they said they would have enjoyed the call, letter or email.

There is a great contemporary Christian song about us as the body of Christ being the hands and feet of God. “We Are the Body” by Casting Crowns: click on this link to view and listen:

When a friend of mine shared her personal goal in life so succinctly (perfectly and concisely) I asked her if I could share it with you. Needless to say, I wrote it down for my own benefit also!

“To always listen to God, to always not listen to the enemy.”
It sounds like such a simple plan. The first question I ask myself is how will I know whether it’s God or the enemy whispering to me? The short answer is: it takes practice. Reading His word so I am familiar with what God says, does and intends is essential. When I am confused I can seek wise counsel from a woman with experience who is actively following after God. Then I must simply step out in faith and do what I believe He is telling me to do. I always have the protection of knowing He will never ask me to do anything contrary to His Scriptures.


James 1:17 (AMP)
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.


I can trust God. He knows the beginning to the end. I learned the hard way that I must listen to Him sooner rather than later. When I was a young mother, a grandmother in our church was in the hospital. I lived nearby and went to visit her. We had a pleasant conversation and she asked me to come see her again. Well, I meant to and I felt very bad when she passed away. Yes, I know, but wait, it gets worse. At her service, our pastor mentioned how this woman had loved having so many visitors. She had told him on more than one occasion how much she had especially enjoyed the company of one young woman in particular. The pastor looked at me and smiled. I am still not sure how he made eye contact with me from the podium, since I had shrunk to the size of a mouse in my guilt and mortification. The point of my story is not to instill guilt but to encourage you to learn from me and just do it!
Romans 7:19 (AMP)
For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am [ever] doing.


It is not just me and you. We all have good intentions but not as much follow through as we need. We all need God’s grace to do what He tells us to do. We just need to spend more time praying than we do explaining, excusing or strategizing.
Written by Mary M. Wilkins



No comments:

Post a Comment