HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/28/13

SCARS... Sunday

Devotional for 9/29/13

Most of us have some sort of scars from things that have happened to us.  I have one on my arm where I fell on a broken bottle as a child.  It cut right through the thick sleeve of my jacket into the delicate flesh on the inside of my left forearm.  That was so many years ago, it is now just a barely noticeable shiny patch the same color as the rest of my skin.  But I can still find it if I look for it.  I also have some intentional internal scars - where a surgeon purposely "microfractured" a small area on the surface of one of my hips.  This was done in order for my body to form scar tissue where I had a small divot in the cartilage covering the ball of the joint.  Cartilage is our shock absorber, and is called arthritis when some of it is damaged or worn away.  This cartilage does not heal. The surgery forced my body to form scar tissue in that spot, which became my new "shock absorber" on that place in my hip.  Then there are the emotional scars from past troubles and traumas.  Those scars cannot be seen, inside or outside, even with a magnifier.  But the results of those scars can be felt in the heart, or can affect current thoughts and actions.  Each of these different types of scars are from wounds that have healed, some better than others. Scars are a natural part of the healing process of a wound, but they leave marks, evidence of something that has happened.  

Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, died in our place.  He was nailed to a cross, creating wounds on his hands and feet.  Adding insult to injury a spear was also thrust into his side.  Those wounds healed after his death and resurrection and left marks of evidence on his body.  He later appeared to the disciples on earth, and those scars bore witness to the disciples that the person they were seeing was indeed Jesus.

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.  He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?  Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”  When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.  Luke 24:37-40  (NIV)

Our Savior was wounded because of us.  He did not deserve the crucifixion nails in his hands and feet or the spear in his side, yet he endured them for our own salvation.  His scars are good - healing us from our own brokenness. 

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24 (NIV)
1 Peter 2:24 (58 kb)
Our scars can also be a good thing.  Physical scars are what heal wounds.  Without them we would be left with gaping holes where they did not belong.  Emotional scars can be a sign of lessons learned and create a point of contact with others.  Healing can grow our faith as we learn to trust God more fully.  How we deal with our scars and rely on God can be a witness to those around us.  Scars can actually be a beautiful thing!

written by Jan Andersen


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a song called "Scars"
It is sung by Jonny Diaz

2 comments:

  1. Yes we do carry Scars of many kind but our Savior carries the scars for us.
    FROG...Fully Rely On God
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, use your scars well. Keep to his word and God pulls you through.
    Pupper

    ReplyDelete