HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/22/13

Starting Over.....Monday

0/23/13

I love starting over. I once attended a year-round school and I loved it! Every 12 weeks I got to begin again. New notebooks and a fresh start made the school year fly by quickly.

I still depend on the routine of the fall season to inspire me to start over. I plan to clean out closets (well, at least one), sort through clothes, and organize my desk. I make lists and notes of the many things I would like to get done. Already I am thinking of the holidays and telling myself that as soon as I get my Fall cleaning and organizing done, I will start on that! Oh yes, I also plan to write a letter to my Grandmother, call my mother, send birthday cards, spend time with my husband, enjoy dinner with friends, etc.

Then before I know it, a whole lot of days have zipped by as I get up in the morning, go to work, do  laundry, pay some bills, fix dinner, do dishes, run errands, and get back in bed at night. I know I am made to work, but surely, there is something more? God created me for relationship with Him and others. How can those relationships be healthy if I don't have any time for them?

Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich.
Be wise enough to know when to quit.
Proverbs 23:4 NLT
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

But there’s one other thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over). He’s all I’ve got left.
Lamentations 3:19-24 MSG

Dear Lord, please show me how to slow down and take time for You. I truly love You and desire to grow in my understanding of You. I take my busyness, my schedule, my to do list, and I lay them out before You. Please give me eyes to see and ears to hear so that I will understand what You would have me do each day. In Jesus name, amen.

The band "Passion" singing about God's love never failing in
"One Thing Remains":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EHw-92ntXQ

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

1 comment:

  1. I am speaking as one who is totally over involved in the things that I hope are helping me to serve God through giving over inspiration etc. Sometimes it seems to be off the chart. So your prayer is one I can and should recite on a daily basis.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete