HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/31/15

Outside Looking In....Monday

6/1/13

It was almost the end of the school year when Susie brought 2 huge handfuls of invitations to school. Everyone crowded around her as she began passing them out to each of our classmates. I watched anxiously to see my name written on one of the envelopes that would prove my acceptance and worth in the pool of drama known as 8th grade. Finally I saw it! Is that for me? I held my breath a mixture of excitement and relief as she looked up at me for a moment before handing me the invitation. I stepped away to open the gift that felt like gold in my hands. Excitedly all of the girls smiled at each other, an unusual moment of togetherness.

Image result for image of an invitationA few girls whispering loudly said they couldn't believe I'd been invited. Relief flooded over me as I thanked God that I had been included. I was a very happy girl and all of my worries had been washed away.

The next day Susie came up to me, and my heart was excited that she would have something even more to say to me. She was quickly becoming my hero. I didn't notice that the girls who were with her stepped away as she got to my table. She quickly explained the purpose of her errand. She had not really invited me. My invitation was for another Mary in our class who had been absent, but when she had seen me looking on, she didn't have the heart to tell me the truth. I could come to her party if I wanted but she wanted me to know that nobody liked me and I hadn't really been invited because she was only friends with nice girls.


raindrops - stock photoI heard a door clang shut in my heart as I nodded my in understanding. 

Anytime we are rejected or hurt, by friends, family, coworkers, or even strangers, there is a natural response to pull inward to protect our hurting hearts. Even when we know that what is being said isn't true - the darts of rejection can slip past our reasoning and sink into our hearts.

Depending on our personality and where we are emotionally our hearts might flare up in anger at the injustice or in pain at the judgement. The next natural self-protective step is to close ourselves off from others. Because quite frankly, if having relationships is going to hurt this much - it just isn't worth it.


When I find myself on the outside looking in these are a few of the things I focus on:


  • God chose me, I did not choose Him (John 15:16); He loves me and will not forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6).
  •  I can't earn acceptance, but I can give acceptance and choose relationships wisely (Proverbs 15:22). Proving myself to be trustworthy.


A true friend is always loyal, 
and a brother is born to help in time of need.
Proverbs 17:17 TLB


Two can accomplish more than twice as much as one, 
for the results can be much better.
If one falls, the other pulls him up; but if a man falls 
when he is alone, he’s in trouble. 
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 TLB

Dear Lord, Thank You for watching over us and protecting us as we weather all of the emotional storms of relationships. When we find ourselves on the outside looking in, remind us to reach out a hand of friendship so that we will not be alone. Help us to lay down the pain and sorrow that distracts us from doing what is right and walking in peace (see Deuteronomy 6:17-18). In Jesus name, amen.


Written by 
Mary M. Wilkins




1 comment:

  1. Praying for acceptance for each other as sisters in the Lord.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete