HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/21/15

Starting Over...Friday

May 22, 2015 
I am teaching myself to crochet.  I knew how to do it when I was a child, and was never very advanced at it, but, I could make a few pot holders and such.  Since I am not very good at following through on things, or setting goals and meeting them, I recently set a goal for myself to be able to make a blanket for my first grandchild, whenever that may happen.  I thought by making it more of a personal and fun goal I would be more apt to follow through.  

Well, I am having fun with it, and these days of You Tube videos, it is really rather easy to learn something, as long as you can follow the video and work along with it.  The basics came back to me quite quickly.  As I have been practicing and learning just the basics stitches, I have found where I have missed a stitch on a row or added too many, therefore making things uneven.  So, I take it out and continue on from there again.  A couple of times I have taken out the whole thing and started over.  One day as I was doing so I thought about how we do that in life.  Wouldn’t life be so much easier if when we see an uneven spot we could just pull it all out and start all over from where the little bump was or the uncomfortable stitch was bugging us?  Or just say, I don’t like the way this is turning out, I am just going to start all over completely!


 The thing we need to remember about life is that God is always right there with us through every stitch and loop, even the bumpy and uneven ones.  He is there for us when we need to stop and start over.  When our life has become unraveled, all we need to do is face Him and ask.  He will gladly be there with open arms for us always!


 “Now it’s time to change your ways! Turn to face God 
so he can wipe away your sins, pour out showers of blessing
to refresh you, and send you the Messiah He prepared for you,
namely, Jesus. For the time being he must remain out of sight
in heaven until everything is restored to order again just the way God, through the preaching of his holy prophets of old,
said it would be. Moses, for instance, said,
‘Your God will raise up for you a prophet just like m
e from your family. Listen to every word he speaks to you.
Every last living soul who refuses to listen to that prophet
will be wiped out from the people.’

Acts 3:19-23
 (MSG)


If we claim that we’re free of sin, we’re only fooling ourselves.
A claim like that is errant nonsense. On the other hand,
 if we admit our sins—make a clean breast of them—
He won’t let us down; He’ll be true to Himself.
He’ll forgive our sins and purge us of all wrongdoing.
If we claim that we've never sinned, we out-and-out contradict God
—make a liar out of Him. A claim like that only
shows off our ignorance of God.

1 John 1:9
(MSG)
 


Lord, I am ready to change, to start fresh, I realize that I have made a mess of things and I need you to sort out and be by my side so that I can carry on with a clean and happy heart.  Thank you so much for always keeping me with you, for always forgiving me of my sins and imperfections.  The things that I do in this world that cause me to be so uneven and create bumps in my path.  I am so blessed that you help me to straighten all of it out.  In your sons gorgeous name, Amen!

Written by
Kelly Dobyns



  


1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful thing when we can have a do over. At times this is possible but not universally so. When we crochet we can pull out mistakes and make it perfect. With God the same is possible. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete