HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10/29/15

Let Go… Let God...Friday

October 30, 2015

Something I am not being hugely successful at right now is letting it go!  I am so obsessed with worry over my future and job situation and the fear of not knowing is literally driving me crazy.  On top of that I am driving myself crazy with trying to do everything….work, look for work and study for an exam.  Then the result of that is headache  upon headache and anxiety like I have never had in my life.  So I tell myself to stop it!!  I know what the answer to this craziness is and it is giving the control to God.  So why is it that I take it all back sometimes within minutes.  Well, I am learning things about myself and maybe that is what I am suppose to pay attention to, however I believe the true growth I need here is to get it through my thick head that I have to let it all go and KEEP it in God’s hands.  He is there just waiting for me to do that.

 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;

    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    he’s the one who will keep you on track.
Don’t assume that you know it all.
    Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
    your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
    give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
    your wine vats will brim over.
But don’t, dear friend, resent God’s discipline;
    don’t sulk under his loving correction.
It’s the child he loves that God corrects;
    a father’s delight is behind all this.

Proverbs 3:5-12(MSG)


Just look at that scripture of truth.  Seriously, I need to sleep with this under my pillow, and paste it to my body during the day.  Life is so darn easy when we let Him be in control.  No more worries!!  No more headaches!!  No more crazy woman obsessing over her emails and job websites!!  Yay!!  Let God handle it.  I want and need that peace that comes along with leaving it up to Him.  Lord knows, as well as all my people know, that I can’t go on like this. 

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? 

Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. 

I’ll show you how to take a real rest. 

Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. 

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.

I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 

Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Matthew 11:28-30

 (MSG)


Yes, indeed that is me….worn out, exhausted from predicting the future, holding the world on my shoulders.  However, I want what is written above.  I know what it is that I need, and will get when I follow the simple little instruction of keeping my life in God’s hands not my own.  I will get that much needed rest from the unforced rhythms of His grace.  I am going to keep on keeping company with the highest King!!

Thank you most precious Lord for all the gifts you have given me, the blessing of my son not having a blood clot as the doctor was concerned about today, the gift of my dad recovering from knee surgery, the gift of having a job as I am looking for a new one, the gift of so many treasures that you have shown me favor with throughout my whole life.  I feel your peace and hands upon me as I write this to thank you.  With all that I am I will continue to praise you through all the storms and the blessings!!  Amen

Written by
Kelly Dobyns



No comments:

Post a Comment