HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/24/13

Devotional for 2/25/13


                               Embracing His Future...Releasing My Past

During my 20’s and 30’s there was this weird thing that would happen when I would visit my grandmother. I would find myself dropping things and tripping over my own feet just like I did when I was 10 years old. I was so confused! I didn’t break dishes at home nor did I trip walking up stairs. What was wrong with me?
Strangely enough, at the end of an 8 hour drive home, I would find that my ability to walk and carry had magically returned. It was a funny yet frustrating time. I began to be anxious before visits. It felt to me as if everyone noticed and there would be at least one person who wouldn’t let me forget.
It is funny how we can be to each other. We use the past to predict, judge, or condemn those around us. Watch out! We warn: she did this and he did that. These words can become expectations that mock and haunt us. They reach out from the past and cling to us in our future and refuse to let go. I am sorry to say that I have been the recipient of such painful reminders. I am even sorrier to say I have dared to speak such accusations to others.
Then there is Jesus. He says believe in Me and you shall be saved. Saved from what? You will be saved from your sins, saved from yourself, and saved from your past. He has come to make us safe and sound in Him.
It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
It’s in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free—signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what’s coming, a reminder that we’ll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.
Ephesians 1:11-14 MSG

Thank You, Lord, for leading me out of my past and into Your future for me. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

A very encouraging song from Tenth Avenue North that we are more than our pasts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary

    What you write here and the song you posted is so very full of truth. It is sad that brokenness or our past learnings steal our joy and our healthy self image. Well written!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete