HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/11/10

Can I Walk by Faith?

I spent this morning writing some thoughts and experiences down and the Lord put it on my heart to share it with you. I was going to put it off and get some housework done first, but God said, "No, now is good." He knows me well....it probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't do it now. So here you go.


For so many years I've been told, "You have so much faith." The truth is, outside of knowing the definition of faith from God's Word:


Now faith is confidence in what we hope for
and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)


I have struggled to grasp the meaning of what is meant to walk by faith. Recently the Lord has shown me the power of trusting in Him. It starts by trusting that God does truly love me. Now that's a hard one to grasp. Why would God love me?! The wretched sinner that I am. But then again, how can my husband love me or my children love me? After all they have lived with me and know all my junk. It's easy to be lovable to the world. They don't really know me, but my family, there's no fooling them. They know the truth. Yet I believe, in spite of myself, my family does love me. They have proven their love for me.


Wow, by showing me that my family loves me anyway, God has definitely proven His love for me. He knows me even better than my family. He hears my every thought. At least I can hide those from my family - sometimes. But God, well, He knows me inside and out - better than I know myself. He still picks me up time and time again after each failure. He speaks to me all the time - if I only listen. He always has something to say. Then it comes to the question: If I were the only person on earth would God have sent His only Son to die for me? Does He really love me that much? I'm taken back to that familiar verse:


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son
 that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
 John 3:16 (NIV)


Now when Jesus spoke these words He was speaking to one man, Nicodemus. He was not speaking to a crowd. He cared enough about that one man, He stopped and taught him about the meaning of salvation. I believe I could very well have been that one man Jesus spoke to. I also recognize that God sent His Son that whoever believes will be saved. It is God's heart and intent that the whole world enter into eternal life with Him. He sent Jesus for whoever would believe, even if only one person would believe .


I do believe God loves me. He loves us all and sees us for who He created us to be. It is His desire we come to accept His gift of Jesus. With this gift there are many treasures (gifts). It's like receiving a hope chest and when you open it up it's filled with many useful gifts. Receiving the gift of salvation is only the beginning. God wants so much for us to see with His eyes. He wants us to grasp the full picture of who we are in His eyes. We are tainted (stained) and conditioned by this world. We can't see the truth through the lies - at least not without some help. God's help.


God so desires we open the hope chest and receive all the many gifts He has for us. To do that we must begin to see through His eyes. Seeing through God's eyes is believing He has everything under control. He has our best interest in mind. He love us and our loved ones. If we believe that then we must trust Him for it. Receiving God's gift of Jesus, accepting and believing His love for you and trusting Him with everything is the beginning of what it means to walk by faith. Keeping our eyes fixed upon Jesus, seeking to see through the eyes of God is how we continue walking by faith. Walking by faith brings peace, joy and so much more....the gifts of the Spirit. We can truly be set free from worry and doubt.
If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.


So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John 8:31-32 (NIV)
Just last night I came home from working an 8 hour day at the office and began preparing a meal for not just one household, but two. I turned on some upbeat Christian music and got busy cooking. I was having a good time. Then suddenly I started thinking about the mess I was making and about how much work had to be done around the house, especially with everyone coming to my house for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I realized, "Wait a minute, I'm having a good time." Not only that, but I'm blessing others. I remembered that God is aware of my needs and the condition of my house. So I made a choice. I let all the thoughts go and continued to enjoy what I was doing. Then again, as I was clearing the table and putting mail in my daughter's room I was reminded of the choices she was making and all my concerns for her. God so gently reminded me to give her to Him. I made a choice and said "Okay." I walked out of her room, smiled and said thank you Jesus. I can't remember ever feeling such a peace and joy as I had right then knowing I had no concerns or worries. My God was working all things out. I would continue to choose to see with His eyes and trust His heart for everything because I know and believe God loves me!


This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him. John 3:16-18 (MSG).

Written by Debbie Rodriguez

Shared by Mary Wilkins
(who is out of town)

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder that God is aware of my needs and takes care of me - He has it all handled! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete