HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/20/11

Looking Onto Jesus

Discouragement is never a fun thing to experience, especially if it's you or me walking through it. I recently was feeling very discouraged and distraught. I started telling God all what I was feeling (as if He didn't know), and on and on, and began to really get myself in a "spirtual slump." I ranted and raved at God of the unfairness and let the Lord know I was ready to go home to be with Him. In other words I was not willing to face my trials and heaven was a way out for me. The more I mulled over my mind the situation, the deeper I went into a "spiritual slump." The solution at that moment was go to bed and deal with it the next day.

That next day happened to be a Sunday. I don't know about you, but sometimes the last place I want to be when I am discouraged is church. When I walked through those church doors that morning, I realized I was in the right place. I needed to be surrounded at that time with a body of believers who loved God and loved me and were genuine about their faith.

As I walked through those doors that Sunday morning, worship had already begun and I was determined to worship my King regardless how I felt or how big my problem was. I chose to worship Him with abandonment. The most wonderful thing happened that Sunday morning. God's love began to pour out over me and I began to experience His peace, joy and presence and freedom in Him. He truly inhabits the praises of His people!

It is truly amazing how the situation so changed when I chose to get my eyes off of myself and onto Jesus. I begin to lay aside all the weights that were holding me down, and the sin that was ensnaring me. In other words, I threw "my stuff" at the feet of Jesus. I chose to fix my eyes on Jesus.
It is then when I experienced great joy and great encouragement!!


Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Blessings,
Written by Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I have a hard time leaving my woes at his feet without trying to return and pick them up again! Blessings my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete