HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/6/11

A Mommy Mind Game and “Rest for the Weary”

Devotional for 4/7/11

In my neck of the woods birds twitter all day long and pesky squirrels dash along fence tops teasing neighborhood dogs. Grass, flowers, and weeds: all signs of the winter’s end and a new season begun.

A fresh start is sometimes just the thing we (wives, mothers, friends, sisters, coworkers) need. I find I need it in my mind. Have you ever been in traffic, on your way to work, and pretended just for a moment that you were going someplace else? Perhaps you’ve looked around at an intersection with renewed interest instead of staring straight ahead because you’ve passed this way a thousand times?

When I was up to my waist in young children, diapers, laundry and dishes with no end in sight I was, to put it mildly, exhausted. While out running an errand, and stuck at another light, I started wishing I was anywhere but here. I was tired of my life, my home, my job, my routine! Yes, I was even tired of being a mother and a wife.

Then I asked myself, where would I go? I fondly pictured my grandmother’s neat little home and tidy kitchen. She would insist on feeding me. A smile slowly appeared on my face. I sighed as I looked about me with fresh eyes and imagined I was looking at streets in another town and state. All of a sudden the breeze felt fresher and the sun shined a little brighter. Yes, I was still running errands on a hot day in a busy suburb. But my mind had taken a mini vacation and my body had felt the refreshment of it for those few moments. I had tasted rest and it was good.

We could all use more refreshment but the kind that comes from a vacation or a weekend doesn’t last. Jesus knows what we need; we just need to ask for new energy with faith and confidence in Him


“I'll refresh tired bodies; I'll restore tired souls.”
Jeremiah 31:25


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30

I desire to live freely and lightly. Walking the path God has laid out for me without whining, complaining, or feeling like I need a nap all the time. I will choose to keep company with Him by reading, thinking about, and loving His Word.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment