HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/18/11

THE LORD OUR WAYMAKER

The daffodil has always been one of my "top picks" for spring flowers. It is such a brilliant and cheerful blossom, golden in color and trumpet like in shape. For some time I have attempted to grow these pretty posies from bulbs, but with very little success. Each season I would purchase a package of bulbs, plant them in the ground, and wait with patience and grand expectations for the emerging flowers in the spring. Year after year I would be disappointed as only one or two flowers would appear as a result of the myriad of bulbs which had been planted. I finally discovered that most of the bulbs had either been dug up by industrious resident squirrels or had rotted as a result of soggy winter soil. Then one April day I came across some cut daffodil blooms at a local grocery chain. They were not quite open and were for sale at a very low price. I purchased a small bouquet, brought them home, placed them on my kitchen counter and thoroughly enjoyed their "smiling faces" every time I cooked our meals and washed the dishes. I found that I could bring these delightful flowers home about four times each season. For a low price, probably less than I had spent on bulbs, I could experience the joy of daffodils without the struggle which I had undergone by attempting to grow them myself.


This experience reminds me of the concept that God is an incredibly creative Deity. He has innovative solutions for all of our dilemmas. There are times when we just cannot see how we are going to navigate our way through a certain challenge. However, as we seek the Lord in prayer He will reveal to us a solution which we would never have thought of on our own. This can be especially comforting and encouraging as we confront troublesome relationships. The Lord can speak to us in many different ways in response to our petitions. He might use a conversation with a friend or a magazine, book, or internet article. We may receive an impression from the Holy Spirit or even hear the audible voice of God. A church sermon or the pure Word of the Lord from the Bible can lead us to the answer we are searching for. Two scriptures which offer us hope in this regard are: "Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who asks." Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT) "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6 (NLT)


Written by CF

No comments:

Post a Comment