HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/26/12

Friday Devotional...1/27/12

HEAVEN

What is Heaven, Where is Heaven? Some of Webster’s definitions are:

  • The abode of God and the angels
  •  The expanse of space surrounding the earth; that which seems to be over the earth like a great arch; the firmament; the sky
  • The sovereign of heaven; God; also, the assembly of the blessed, collectively
  • The place of supreme happiness or great comfort
In a Christians quest for heaven we have often sang the old hymnals in church:

“Oh I want to see Him, look upon his face,
there I’ll sing forever of His saving grace”

“In that city where the Lamb is the light,
In that city where there cometh no night,
There’s a mansion over there
and it’s free from toil and care
In that city where the Lamb is the light

We often use the expressions of: Heaven Bound; Heaven Sent; Heaven is in your eyes etc. So to the human mind and spirit, heaven is a real place, a place that the soul longs to go for their final destination… a place that is reserved for the saved, the believers in Jesus Christ, A place of eternal life.

Some that have experienced an account of a near death experience explains what Heaven is like, and find that most commonly heaven is described as “the light”

“It was as if I were going home, so familiar was it to me. As if returning to where I had originally come from…The absolute peace, the oneness, the completeness was the most striking.”

Several verses in Revelation chapter 21, verses 3 – 6 (the last book) of the New Testament speak:

  • Verse 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
  • Verse 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away. 
  •  Verse 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write, for these words are true and faithful. 
  • Verse 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Ome’ga, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water and life freely.
In John 14:3 the Bible says:
“And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

1st Corinthians 2:9 states:
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man,
 the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”

As believers we understand the words of Jesus in John 14:6 when he said:
“I am the way the truth and the life.”

So with all that we know or don’t know, with all that we understand or don’t understand ….There is one fact that is true, and that is Heaven is real, not just a figure of our imagination. And for me and my house we will serve the Lord, for surely Heaven is waiting for you and me. For he will give unto us that are athirst of the fountain of the water and life freely ….

Come Quickly Lord Jesus!


Written by: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment