HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/5/12

Thursday Devotional...1/5/12

Lips Versus Hips

A new year, 2012, a perfect time to say I will do all the things I claim are so important and worthy of my attention. I am one woman with two minds. I firmly believe we are vessels of God’s Spirit and therefore should take care of the body He has blessed us with, as in eating healthy and in moderation. But then I recall the phrase mothers told daughters as I was growing up: who you are on the inside is more important than how you look on the outside. The Southern version: "Pretty is as pretty does." In Victorian times the quote was: "Actions speak louder than words."

While I was reading my first devotional for this year I asked myself, what would it be like to not obsess for even one moment about what I weigh? I mean it. No wishing I was at least a ‘few’ pounds lighter, no being mad at myself when a shirt doesn’t fit me just right. I have a choice: I can pay attention to my hips (or stomach, or arms, or whatever) or I can focus on what I am thinking and saying. What would Jesus do?

Micah 6:8
(The Message)

But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously—
take God seriously.


Dear Lord, thank You for the blessing of a new year. Please send the blessing of work to all of Your people. Help me to do my best no matter the task before me. I desire to pay more attention to my lips than my hips, please create in me a pure heart that loves what is right and cries over what is wrong. Lord, please do whatever is needed in my life, no matter how I struggle or complain. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment