HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/22/12

Thursday Devotioal...11/22/12...Thankfulness for Small Things

                                 ...is Thankfulness for Big Things

Every time I enter a new season or phase in my life, I say to myself, “Who knew?” Clearly other people who have gone before me knew, but no one mentioned it (or I wasn’t listening).

Who knew that when kids leave they don’t always make it back for holidays? Okay, practically speaking I did know that was a possibility, but what I didn’t know was how strong my feelings would be. I put on a brave face, and reassure my loved ones that I understand, but I surprised myself when in a quiet moment of reflection tears came to my eyes because some of my loved ones would not be sitting around my table. Even my husband who claims to have “no feelings” has been misty eyed and silent on the topic of those who will be far away when we give thanks today for all God has given us.

It actually reminds me of the holidays after 9-11-2001, when nothing phased me. I was so overwhelming grateful for what I did have that I refused to notice what we didn’t have. My mantra that season was “We have food to eat, clothes to wear and a roof over our heads. What else dare we ask for?” I was so humbled to have my family spared when other families had lost so much. I couldn’t think of the towers, the Pentagon, or United flight 93 without a lump developing in my throat.

The truth is that there is someone (many someones) whose lives are worse/harder than our own. We should remember to be grateful that we are where we are. His word tells us,


So, my very dear friends, don’t get thrown off course.
Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven.
The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light.
There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle.
He brought us to life using the true Word,
showing us off as the crown of all his creatures.James 1:16-18
The Message

Dear Lord, may we each remember those who are less fortunate than ourselves and thus remember how blessed we are this very day. We choose, Lord, to not let ourselves become discouraged or depressed, because You are our hope. We can search out Your promises in Your Word, confident of Your faithfulness, and then patiently wait for You. In Jesus name, amen.

PS: Please help us to remember that no child was damaged because they didn’t go to Disneyland, and no mother died because she didn’t have coordinating furniture or a new vehicle. You, Lord, watch over the poorest and most humble heart. No one is hidden from Your view or loving care.

Written by
Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment