HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/7/12

Wednesday Devotional...The Day After



Today I am doing the devotional. Sandy Billingham who usually does the Wednesday Devotional was unable to do it yesterday. I have some thoughts that are personal, and I think others may be harboring these kinds of thoughts as well. So, I am glad for this opportunity to write today.

When I wrote the Tuesday Devotional, I quoted this scrupture...

If my people,
who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin
and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14

I still believe this promise of God. Sometimes how God answers prayer is not in the way I had envisioned.  Also we are told in the Bible that God thinks in different ways than we do. Yesterday's election results is one example of this.

I need to remember that nothing--NOTHING--ever happens that God has not allowed to happen. In a way this is a freeing thought. It shows us that our job is to be the best person we can be, to love and trust God, and to release the things we cannot control to Him.

I come to you with a confession of my sin. I literally put a lot of energy into dispising our President. This is not pleasing to God, and I am repenting. For whatever reason it is what God has allowed for our country. As for me,I plan to clean up my attitude. Hate is a bad thing. If I allow such feelings, it would turn into a cancer of the spirit. It is as harmful as unforgiveness.

Scripture also tells us....

Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority,
because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account.
Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden,
for that would be of no benefit to you.

2.Hebrews 13:17


I think that there is one thing that, for me, needs to be done. All that I have written above does not mean that I think I need to accept floundering around pushed and pulled by high waves, feeling helpless and hopeless. However, I do need to put a coating of love over all I choose to do. Frost it with a giving attitude and put a candle of prayer to light the darkness--prayer that is to God for what I think bur also to Him with the heartfelt flame of...
          "Thy Will Be Done"

Written by Corinne Mustafa

1 comment:

  1. Your tender openness and repentance is very moving to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete