HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/12/12

Thursday Devotional...12/13/12...Music With a Purpose


I discovered Christian music in my 20’s when Amy Grant was filling the radio waves with reminders that God’s hand is always moving on our behalf and we aren’t aware of all the mishaps and harm that we are protected from each day of our lives. Today’s Christian music is filled with encouraging reminders, too. A Christian rapper named Toby Mac just received a nod of recognition from the music world’s Grammy judges.

The lyrics to his catchy, toe tapping song jump right into the center of who we are in Christ. Picking up in the middle of Toby Mac’s “Made to Love” are these lyrics:




“Whatever happened to a passion I could live for?
What became of the flame that made me feel more?
And when did I forget, that
I was made to love You,
I was made to find You,
I was made just for You,
Made to adore You.
I was made to love,
And be loved by You.”

As I am preparing for Christmas and filling my schedule with all the rituals and traditions that we do to fill the month with pleasant memories for ourselves, our family and friends, this song is helping to keep me centered in my focus. God has me here for a purpose and at its very core that purpose is that He should be the center of my life, my thoughts, my words, my actions, and my Christmas! It won’t keep me free from all the struggles and challenges that are a part of the world we live in. However it will give me comfort and courage to keep trusting and keep going.

Love the LORD your God
with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your strength.
Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIV84)




Dear Lord, thank You for Your plan for our lives. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M Wilkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw_E3P__uFU
(cool video showing the lyrics to above song)

No comments:

Post a Comment