HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/19/14

Merry Christmas...Friday

December 19, 2014

Luke 2:1-20
The Birth of Jesus

An Event for Everyone

There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God’s angel stood among them and God’s glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you’re to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger.” At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God’s praises: Glory to God in the heavenly heights,Peace to all men and women on earth who please him.

So blessed….we are all so very blessed to live in this time and be able to celebrate such a  glorious event!!  The birth of Jesus Christ is an event to celebrate always, not just on December 25th, but all year long!  It truly is the gift that keeps on giving….all year long!!

During this time of year people get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that has been created by materialism, and unfortunately greed of some humans.  We all need to remember the real reason for the season…..and yes, we need to remember it all year long.


For me personally this will be one of the most meager Christmas seasons since I have had my sons.  One of the biggest joys for me is giving to them and watching as they open the gift that they have most wanted.  That was making me feel bad and angry towards certain things in my current situation; however, I am not going to let that happen.  Both my sons and I have so much to be grateful for, and we know that.  If I asked them what they want for Christmas their answer will be “nothing”.   Now there may be some thing that they would like to have, but, I also know them well enough that they will be happy with any little thing….but, most of all they are happy with the gift of life and good health that we all have.  In addition we love the joy of memories of yesterdays shared together and the anticipation of the happiness of family times to come.
 
There is so much sweetness to be shared in a family’s love and with the birth of Christ in the center of that we all have the greatest gift that no money can buy.  I am so very blessed to share my greatest love of Jesus with the two best gifts I have been given since I have been living on this earth.  This season I am celebrating the most amazing gifts I already have on earth and in heaven!!


Merry Christmas One and All!!!  XOXO 
Written by
Kelly Dobyns



No comments:

Post a Comment