HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/21/14

What Was True Then......Monday

Thirteen years ago I had a perspective shift. I stopped worrying about whether or not we would ever take a vacation other than to visit family. Or if my kids would grow up to resent the life we had provided. I stopped comparing my clothes, our home, our cars, or anything else with anyone else.

On 9/11, the world that I had so freely and comfortably lived in became both smaller and larger as terrorists perpetrated their attacks on America. It became smaller as the details were revealed that the plans of those far away were carried out by a few in our own land. The world became larger and scary as I lost my footing and my faith. I was, for a moment, afraid of all the unknown that surrounded me.

As the rescue efforts of the public servants in New York, and citizens on Flight 93, and the actions of everyday heroes were revealed the ground stopped shaking for me. I counted my blessings very carefully.


A few months later I found a group picture of our family at a picnic. No cool landmark in the background, or cute clothes to polish the image. Just tossled hair, dirty feet, and faces beaming at the camera. I wrote a small note to add to it:


Dear Family and Friends,
We wish you a very merry Christmas.
We have food to eat, clothes to wear, and a place to live. 
We are very blessed.
We hope you have a happy and blessed New Year.

As another Christmas draws near, I ask myself, what was true then, is it true now? Am I remembering to count my blessings carefully one by one? Am I keeping my comparing tendencies in check? Am I remembering what is truly important? And am I choosing to live like I believe it?

Love is patient and kind.
 Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
 It does not demand its own way.
 It is not irritable,
 and it keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice
 but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
Love never gives up,
 never loses faith,
is always hopeful,
 and endures through every circumstance.
 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for another Christmas. We thank You for the good things that will come our way, and we ask for Your strength for the challenges we will each face. We thank You that You care for us and provide for us far beyond what we can easily see. Please open our eyes and gives us understanding that we may be truly gratfeul this Christmas and each day of the coming year. In Jesus precious name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

Matt Maher performs "All The People Said Amen"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to God for the gift of love He sent to us in the gift of Christmas and keeps sending to us throughout the years.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete