HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/20/16

Exhaustion... Sunday

Devotional for 2/21/16

I live in the desert in Arizona.  We are having an unusually hot February with several broken records for the highs recently.  In spite of that heat, I still go to exercise two horses at one stable, and to do heavy barn work at another, though not on the same days.  Today, after 3 1/2 hours of cleaning stalls and other things in sunny 80 degree weather, I went to the largest Arabian horse show in the world with two friends from that barn and spent another 4-5 hours walking around and shopping at the vendors' booths, etc.  Needless to say, our aging bodies were aching and exhausted by the time the day was over.  But we were so engrossed in enjoying the experiences and the good company that we hardly noticed until we finally sat down.  Not only was it hard to get our bodies to bend to sit down on a bench, but after resting and replenishing fluids we found it at least equally as hard to get back up!

Life is sometimes like that.  Sometimes we get so wrapped up in working on something, so focused on the task at hand, that we don't stop often enough to be refreshed.  There are also times we are so busy trying to solve our own problems, we don't remember to rely on God and his Word.  We become so engrossed in life and its worries that we don't even realize we haven't stopped to rest in God.  We become weary with the burdens of life and can feel faint at heart.  But there is relief waiting for us when when God turns us back to him:

“I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.” Jeremiah 31:25

God provides us with refreshing rest.  Gently, he gives us support and comfort.  He extends his arms in which we can rest, and quenches our thirsting souls.  He rejuvenates us as we gather with fellow believers in worship and Bible study.  When we turn to him in prayer, we are given strength to go on. He lightens our load on earth and supplies everything needed for eternal life with him in heaven. 

Matthew 11:28 (46 kb)"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

Thank you Lord, Jesus, for providing rest for my weary soul, easing my load, supplying all my needs, and refreshing me with your life-giving gift. Help me to always turn to you for help and to share that gift with others.  In your name, Amen.

written by Jan Andersen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the words it was very inspring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the words it was very inspring.

    ReplyDelete