HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/25/16

“Gratefulness”........Friday

2/26/16


I love to find gratefulness in each day.  Unfortunately, there has been many a day in which I have had a real challenge finding something that I feel grateful for.  The truth be known….it is all in my attitude!

“to be made new in the attitude of your minds”

Being a Christian doesn't mean that my life will run perfectly smooth, but, what it does mean is that I am a Princess of the Most High King!!  For that alone I am grateful every moment of every day.

However, during the mud and gunk of daily living; i.e. the job, the bills, the broken furnace, the fear of uncertainty, the medical appointments, the emotions and physical changes of menopause, etc., gratitude gets pushed to the back of my mind.  Then something happens like yesterday, I had my annual physical, which, I did not want go to at all.  When I called to schedule the appointment the day before, I did not expect to get in the next day.  Darn, I wanted to lose twenty pounds, as well as lower my cholesterol and get my blood pressure down.  You know, be perfect.  So, here I am going to the dreaded appointment.  The first thing the Medical Assistant says is that she is always glad to see me, as I am always such a happy person.  Wow, what a blessing that was, as well as an attitude changer.  Then the weigh in was not such a blessing, but, I survived, with a silent promise to myself to lose those twenty pounds before I step foot on that thing again.  (I have never made that promise in the past.  HA!)

We chatted as she did her job; she gives me another blessing because she remembers details of me and my simple little life.  My doctor comes in, whom I love dearly, but, as I said, I wanted him to see twenty pounds less of me.  So that it is, he saw all of me still clinging onto those twenty pounds, which he has so graciously asked me to work off for a few years now.  He listened with concern to all my little issues and had answers for them all.  My exam was done after a search for the missing light. Anita, he and I all got laughs about that, with the best being that my doctor likes the new lights because they are fun to turn on and off.  I thought that was pretty awesome, with the responsibilities of physician’s life, he had time to find pleasure in a simple thing, as how a light works, and not be angry that he had to go look for one. All in all, I spent over an hour at my appointment with the whole time feeling as I was his only patient.  On top of that, I am so extremely grateful that I will be finally getting help for the headaches that I have suffered from my whole life.

I came out of that appointment with a new attitude, a grateful heart and much hope for a future with a whole lot less head pain.  Praise the Lord!


Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving grateful praise.


Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with           joyful songs.





Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Written by
Kelly Dobyns



          

No comments:

Post a Comment