HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/27/10

God'sComfort

Saturday, August 28 2010


So clear to me, at times, is the love of God, so evident, real and genuine; it truly is difficult to find words to describe. It’s not that I don’t feel loved by Him all the time, but sometimes I’m in a greater need of assurance because of the difficulties that life throws at me.


There have been times when He’s grabbed hold of my attention just to assure me of His powerful, unconditional love and how He’ll be with me no matter what it is I’m going through or about to go through. In fact, often I’ve found that He’ll do this just prior to some steep challenge in my life, or some explosion of drama in my family, or even a huge let down in life. As I travel down those difficult roads, I’ll find my mind reaching back and embracing that assurance that He’ll see me through to the other side, and when all is said and done, I’ll find myself in a better place. Looking back, it’s not only myself I find in a better place, but others around me as well.


Sometimes the challenges have been so great that afterward I’ve looked back, and though I’m amazed at how He’s prepared me, I’ve wondered if the next time He grabs my attention like that, am I going to be fearful of what’s to follow? Of course the answer has to be no, because perfect loves casts out all fear. But then I wonder “How can I not be nervous when I’ve seen this pattern before?” Well, I don’t know how, but I believe it, because fear is the last thing that will well up in me while I’m enveloped in his love.


I know that I have challenges ahead, and I know my Father will continue to prepare me and assure me. As a parent, I want to give that assurance to my children, but I can’t foresee all their challenges like God can. So every day, I’ll make sure that they know that no matter what happens, I love them and I’ll help them get through whatever they need to get through. And as they get older, I trust they’ll recognize the assurance from God…the assurance of His perfect, unconditional love…the love that we’re never separated from, that casts out all fear, and will get us through anything in life.


Amie Spruiell 8/27/10

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amie...and thank you!

    Isn't it great that at the end of the day we always know that God is with us, and we are always enveloped by His protection. He is the air we breathe. When we look back we can recognize that to be true, and we also can see that whatever was happening was to our teaching and growth. I love that.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will never leave us or forsake us! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past three weeks, I have read your postings and it has given me hope to get through the day! Thank you for all of the positive words and assurance that God is here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To "Anomnmous"...this blesses my hearr to read this...sometimes it has seemed as though we are posting in a void...Praise God that you are blessed...you will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete