HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/8/10

LIFE IN CHRIST

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sometimes I become frustrated in my Christian walk. Perhaps external circumstances seem overwhelming. Or maybe I am highly challenged by difficult relationships. The enemy may be telling me that I do not measure up or that I have failed in my calling as a wife, mother, or intercessor. It is at these times that I go back and center myself through some important ideas presented in Rick Warren's famous book "The Purpose Driven Life."

This profound book states, first of all, that "It's not about me. Life is really about living for God, not myself." (page 21) "Everything got started in Him and finds it's purpose in Him." Colossians 1:16b (Msg) What a relief to realize that the things which happen to me, how others treat me, and whether or not I feel my performance is perfect, do not have to weigh me down and defeat me. According to Rick Warren, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less." ( page 148) The author emphasizes the importance of relationships and community in our lives. He comforts us with the fact that we can be honest and resolve conflicts.

"Purpose Driven Life" reminds us that healthy relationships and our own character development are high priorities in the eyes of the Lord. We carry our relationships into eternity with us. The book states that "What happens outwardly in your life is not as important as what happens inside you. Since God intends to make you like Jesus, He will take you through the same experiences Jesus went through. That includes loneliness, temptation, stress, criticism, rejection, and many other problems." (page 197) Of course Jesus is right beside us through our trials and has a purposeful outcome for us. He also grants us good times, victory, and glory.

My prayer is that I will remember that "My identity is in eternity, and my homeland is in heaven." (page 48) May I work to bring as many people to heaven with me as I possibly can.

Written by CF

1 comment:

  1. Thank you CF! This is a very interesting devotional with lots of things to think about. I have never read this book by Rick Warren. I think it is high time I read it.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete