HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/29/10

PRAYING AND SINGING

What comes to mind when you hear those words, “praying and singing”? I often think first of our prayers rising to God with our adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and petitions and our singing as we praise God and worship him. These are things we are told we should do:

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. James 5:13 NIV

I also think of when Paul and Silas were in prison, and how their praying and singing became a witness to others:

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25 NIV

But I also delight in knowing that our God prays for us:

[Jesus said] "My prayer is not for [my disciples] alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” John 17:20-21 NIV

And, He even sings over us!:

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

So, when you pray and sing to God, remember that He also prays and sings for you!
 
Written by Jan

1 comment:

  1. Can't think of anything better to do then to pray and sing to my Lord!

    ReplyDelete