HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/8/11

Christ The Solid Rock

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 Devotional

I love the old hymn "My hope is built on nothing less." I particularly love the chorus of the song that says "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

We as believers know that there is nothing like standing on the solid rock, Jesus as our foundation. We can wholly lean on Jesus and stand immovable and steadfast in Him. We know that any other ground we would trust in and try to stand on would truly be sinking sand. Any ground or foundation besides Jesus would crumble under our feet.
That also reminds me and leads me to the scriptures in Luke 6:47-49. It clearly talks about what happens when we choose to come to Jesus, hear His sayings and walk in them. We are likened onto a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. It goes on to say "and when the floods arose, the stream beat vehemently against the house and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock." That rock is Jesus Christ.

I choose to lay hold of Jesus and to allow my life to go deep in Him. I can be assured that no matter what in life comes my way, nothing will shake my faith in Him because I am founded on the Great I Am, the Rock!

Blessings,

Written by Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment