HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/7/11

The Next Step

Reprint of Devotional of Thursday, September 9, 2010

A phone call from my husband at 9:30am was unusual but not surprising. His words, “I’ve been laid off,” rocked my world. He sounded calm and confident that the Lord had a plan for us. I was determined to be supportive and not panic, I was grateful for his hour drive home so that I could prepare myself emotionally and mentally. Four months later my mind was fighting fear and keeping a tight grip on God's promises in scriptures.
Good morning, Lord,


Thank You for this new day. Thank You for the cozy comfort of a roof over my head and the protection of four walls. I have been wondering what Your plans are for this family? Should we go or should we stay? Do we move or do we sell? We wouldn’t be the first to give up what we love and cherish for the unknown. But it’s only unknown to us – You know everything. Your plan is a good one (Jer 29:11), please help me to believe and trust that with my whole heart.


I am afraid of not doing what You want me to do. I feel a little self-conscious making changes that other people might think are misguided. But You have put it in my heart to…move, sell, work, change, wait, say yes, forgive, start over, step back, go forward. Please show me the next step and help me to keep my eyes on You and to not worry about the road ahead.


Proverbs 3:5-6
       “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind
and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
In all your ways know, recognize and acknowledge Him,
and He will direct and make straight and make plain your path.”
(AMP)

Proverbs 29:25
“The fear of man brings a snare,
 but whoever leans on, trusts in, and puts his confidence in the Lord
is safe and set on high.”
(AMP)


PS: Lord, I admit I am still afraid of what people will think of me. In these trying times I can see that my family is truly what is important. Please help me to let go of my pride, my guilt and my sense of failure.


Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment