HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/19/12

Friday Devotional...2/20/12

Someone’s Thinking of You

This morning I received an unexpected phone call from a dear friend that I’ve not heard from in quite some time. Linda is an old high school girl friend from many years ago. She lives in Oregon and so we haven’t kept in touch much through out the years.

I was so happy to hear her voice as we chatted for a short while before our busy day got started. After hanging up, I thought to myself “It’s so nice to know that someone is thinking of me.” And then my mind began to think about the Lord and his continual thoughts on each and everyone of us.

The scripture says in Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD,
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

And in Psalm 40:5 this Bible verse declares

Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done,
and thy thoughts which are to us-ward;
they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee;
 if I would declare and speak of them,
they are more than can be numbered.

My thought being… if you have someone on your heart and mind, pray for them and then give them a call or write them a short note just to say “God Bless You, I’m thinking of you today.”

I’m so thankful that Jesus is so compassionate toward us and that he has us continually on his mind and is working working working on our behalf to love us, comfort us and give us courage. He is more than just a friend!



                                                      Written by:
                                                                     Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment