HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/18/12

Thursday Devotional,,,4/19/12

Letting

What is so hard about this word? Letting someone else go first, letting someone else answer, letting someone else decide, letting go of unhealthy aspects of my life.

Dictionary.com describes “letting” as to allow or permit. It seems that since I would be turning it over to God, it should be easier to let go. Surely the God who created the whole universe and everything and everyone in it knows what is going on. Since He has complete knowledge and understanding of all things, including what is best for me and what I truly desire, I can safely trust in Him.

I can feel my heart beating a little faster than normal at this thought. Truth is I am afraid. Deep down, I have a fear that I won’t actually like what God has planned for me. I am not just talking about brussel sprouts or being nice to people I don’t like. Although, frankly, He probably only cares about the people one.

What if what God has for me isn’t something that makes me comfortable? I do know people who are longing for the opportunity to get outside of themselves and serve God wholeheartedly. They are ready to let go of all that hinders them and pour themselves into the work God has set before them. They don’t care what shape it is or how they will look to others, they just want to please God.

Galatians 6:7-8 (The Message)

Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others—ignoring God!—harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life.

Dear Lord, thank You for living in me and not leaving me alone. I do want to let go and allow and permit You to prepare me and train me to live a life that pleases You. Please forgive me when I cry and complain about how hard a day has been. Please give me the grace to accept the difficulties as opportunities to become patient and mature. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment