HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/26/12

Thursday Devotional

A Loving Reminder

“Go ahead and put some music on,” I said as my husband walked past me to our room. “No. Never mind. I want to watch a movie,” I continued. Teasingly I asked him if he ever thought I would change and be less fickle.

“No, I don’t want you to change,” he answered evenly.

“Oh, really, you never prayed in all these years for me to be less fickle?” I said half laughing and half taunting.

“If I prayed for you to change I would be telling God that He got it wrong when He created you,” he replied quite seriously.

I was silent as I considered his words and remembered countless times I had asked God to please change my husband!

Romans 13:8-10 (MSG)

Don't run up debts, except for the huge debt of love you owe each other. When you love others, you complete what the law has been after all along. The law code—don't sleep with another person's spouse, don't take someone's life, don't take what isn't yours, don't always be wanting what you don't have, and any other "don't" you can think of—finally adds up to this: Love other people as well as you do yourself. You can't go wrong when you love others. When you add up everything in the law code, the sum total is love.

Dear Lord, please forgive me for ever thinking the people around me are the problem, when actually sin and selfishness are the problem. I am sorry I have allowed myself to be distracted with my own self concerns. Please help me to accept and love others as they are right now just as You love me right now where I am at. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment