HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/2/12

Thursday Devotional...Already a Winner!!

Million Dollar Winner

What would it be like to win a million dollars? I imagine that almost every fear would disappear from our minds. Is your car limping along from home to work? No problem, just order a new car next week. Electric bills, broken appliances, worn out clothes, doctor bills, past due credit cards, healthy food, and school supplies for kids, everything that concerns us would simply become something that needs to be handled. Every time a new need occurs to us, we would make a note instead of worrying about what might happen if we are not able to take care of it.

If we don’t win a million dollars, is there any other cure for the fear, worries, concerns, and anxiety of this life?

Matthew 6:25 NIV

“Therefore I tell you,
do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or drink;
or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more important than food,
and the body more important than clothes?

God tells us not to worry because He is going to take care of us. He sees and knows everything and we can trust Him. Yes, that’s the challenge, how do we do it? How do we walk in trust and patience?

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 MSG

Be cheerful no matter what;
pray all the time; t
thank God no matter what happens.
This is the way God wants you who
belong to Christ Jesus to live.




Dear Lord, thank You for giving me what I have, when I have it. Please forgive me for being so easily caught up in the cares of this world. There is no way I can be cheerful all the time in my own strength, I am too fearful and negative; but I can choose to talk to You in my head all the time. Please give me a new heart that I will know I am already a winner in Christ Jesus, in Your Son’s name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment