HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/16/12

Thursday Devotional...Fluctuations are softened by what really lies...

...Beneath the Surface

“Are you ready for this?” my husband asked softly, referring to our two kids leaving for college.

“No.” I whispered as I squeezed my eyes shut to slow the tears that sprang quickly and overflowed down my cheeks.

“How about you?” I managed to ask in return. He sighed and blinked back his own tears.

A sweet encouraging conversation followed as we reminded ourselves that God was watching over each of them better than we ever have done. As I got ready for bed I considered how blessed I was to have such a loving and tender husband. Two minutes later something got said between us about an item to be handled in the morning and we were snapping at each other. Even then I saw how weird it was that we flowed from loving to frustration in just a few moments. Another minute more and we were fine again.

We were fine because we chose to not let opposite views separate us. Hard work and a commitment of laying down our own preferences for one another have given us the practice that laid a foundation of bearing with one another. Neither of us always gets things our own way all the time. If only that were possible (to always get our own way)! We would never have reason to argue.

I laughed inside myself when this fluctuation in our relationship happened and the ridiculousness of it made it much easier for me to quickly apologize for my raised voice and attitude. I share this to remind myself that no one is perfect and that relationships are like the ocean. There is always movement somewhere, even when the surface appears to be as smooth as glass. But if we will do what is healthy and honest there are treasures beneath the surface for us to enjoy even when huge waves are crashing over us.

Galatians 5:22-23 (The Message)
But what happens when we live God's way?
He brings gifts into our lives,
much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—
things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity.
We develop a willingness to stick with things,
a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that
a basic holiness permeates things and people.
We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments,
not needing to force our way in life,
able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.


Dear Lord, thank You for being patient with me. Please help me to walk in patience, accepting others as Your work in progress (just like me). I know I need compassion, please help me to give it out generously. In Your precious name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins


In my search for a picture to accompany Mary's devotional for today I found this wonderful prayer and art work done by Candy Roe. I decided to include it because, while it is not an exact illustration of this writing, it totally supports the thought in it. I hope you enjoy reading it.

God bless from Corinne Mustafa



No comments:

Post a Comment