HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/5/12

9/6/12...Thursday Devotional...My Fine Whine



I had a sudden realization the other day while I was driving and whining to God at the same time. I realized that I whine a lot! I’ve always considered it good manners to keep whining to a minimum. But I had been on a huge roll of feeling so sorry for myself and whining to God about how sad, lonely, and difficult my life felt like at that moment. I will also admit I was asking God to please change the people in my life and make them better. By better, of course, I meant better to me. I am such a selfish creature. It is never more obvious to me than when God stops me in mid prayer, and says “It is not my purpose to make everything comfortable for you.”

Ouch! That was direct and to the point! Now don’t feel too sorry or mortified for me. I would rather be corrected by the One who loves me better than I love myself than be allowed to stay in my personal place of pity. It has been like getting a new pair of glasses and looking about me wondering how I could have been so easily distracted.

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
 New Living Translation (NLT)

Accept the way God does things,
for who can straighten what he has made crooked?
Enjoy prosperity while you can,
but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God.
Remember that nothing is certain in this life.

James 3:16-18
Amplified Bible (AMP)

For wherever there is jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion)
and all sorts of evil and vile practices.

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure (undefiled); then it is
peace-loving, courteous (considerate, gentle). [It is willing to] yield
to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted
and straightforward, impartial and unfeigned (free from doubts,
wavering, and insincerity).

And the harvest of righteousness (of conformity to God’s will in thought and deed) is [the fruit of the seed] sown in peace by those who work for
and make peace [in themselves and in others, that peace
which means concord, agreement, and harmony between individuals,
with undisturbedness, in a peaceful mind free from fears
and agitating passions and moral conflicts].

Dear Lord, I thank You for Your patience with me. Thank You for gently drawing my attention off of myself. I love You and desire to live with my heart and mind focused on You. I desire to let go of figuring out why and just taking things as they come and trusting You to handle and sift all things according to Your plans. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment