HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/13/12

Thursday Devotional...One Man’s Unhappiness...

                      ...Today I am going to share a story from my friend Rick:


“I have a job that I used to love. I felt like I was a valuable part of a large machine and that my contribution was an asset. I was a part of a team where my input was helpful. Then, I’m not sure when or how, I began to feel I was no longer important or useful, my input didn’t count. Then I began to believe within myself that I was a failure, and of no use, a bad seed.”




“The more I believed the lie, it took hold deep within me, and my attitude began to reflect what was going on in my heart. I was so miserable every single day. I started praying and asking God why I was so unhappy. Why couldn’t I just be happy that I had a job? While I was praying, looking for something to change on the outside (because obviously it wasn’t me) I heard in my spirit, “You have a choice.” He showed me that I had felt unappreciated by my management and coworkers, had resented it, and had allowed that resentment to grow into bitterness. At first I doubted. It was hard for me to believe that I really had a choice. After all, the people who I work with are part of the problem too, right? Eventually I realized that I needed to give Him thanks and put a smile on my face and that no matter what I felt I had to choose to be kind to my managers and coworkers. I discovered that the same way the bitterness in my heart had changed my attitude for the worse, it could be reversed. As I have chosen to be kind and thankful, my heart has changed. I know He isn’t done with me yet. But I am thankful for the path He is taking me down.”



Psalm 138:7-8 (NLT)



Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.
The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.



Dear Lord, thank You that You answer us when we call. Thank You for Your faithfulness to show us what is in our hearts. In Jesus name, amen.



Lyrics that tell this story perfectly from Tenth Avenue North, album: Struggle, song: Losing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcVTbyJqis

Shared by Mary M. Wilkins

No comments:

Post a Comment