HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/21/12

Friday Devotional...Women's Prayer


I remember when I was a young girl, our family vacations would be to drive back to Oklahoma to visit my Grand’ma, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.  I was probably about 12 years old when I remember going to the Tulsa church with my Aunt Christine.  We’d go early to church on a Sunday night to be sure that we went into the prayer room before we went into the main sanctuary for Sunday night service.

What I remember was that the women had a separate prayer room than the men….and I can remember going in with my Aunt Christine and following suit (getting on my knees to pray) at either chairs that were set up or maybe it was an alter, I can’t quite remember.  But, the lighting would be low and women would be in prayer as they would weep, moan and cry before the Lord with the burdens of their heart and what they carried.

I was young, and inexperienced in this type of prayer, but in my young heart and spirit I could actually feel the presence of the Lord and it never scared me.  After we’d spend twenty or thirty minutes in prayer…. I can remember going into the main sanctuary where the choir would already be in song.  No one, not even the Pastor would have to say let’s all stand for song service or stand to our feet to worship the Lord….because most all had already been to the alter, leaving their burdens behind as we all gathered to sing, dance or shout the victory!  There was no pumping to the beat of the drums to get everyone to their feet or in the mood….The mood had already been discharged with the fire of the Holy Ghost from the alter of the prayer room.

 To this day, this is what drives me still.  The burden of prayer, the anointing of the Spirit of God to meet me at an old fashioned Holy Ghost Revival of just plain ole church!  I do believe that in this day and age, we’ve lost a lot of what the scripture says in Romans 8: 26 – 27, and I long for our children to feel and experience what should still be burning in our souls.


Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities, 
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought, 
but the Spirit itself  maketh intercession for us with groanings 
which cannot be uttered.    And he that searcheth the hearts 
knoweth what is the mind  of the Spirit, 
because he maketh intercession for the saints 
according to the will of God.  

Romans 8: 26 – 27  

Written by:   
Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment