HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/8/12

Saturday Devotional...“Clouds of Glory”

                             ...You will see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be
caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The hymnal sings: “Oh I want to see him look upon his face, there I’ll sing forever of his saving grace, on the streets of glory ever lift my voice, cares all past, home at last ever to rejoice”

I can still close my eyes and hear that song… We would sing it over and over in church with the words penetrating our hearts and minds as our spirits would be lifted. I still believe it to be true to this day after all these passing years.. That is ….that one of these glorious days we shall hear that trumpet blow and the dead in Christ will rise and we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This is not a myth, but it is scripture. I so long to see my Mother and Father as I know they will rise first (if I am still alive). Can you imagine hearing the sound of Gabriel’s trumpet blow and hearing the voice of the archangel!

“Come Up Hither!”

Just like when Jesus called Lazarus out of the grave! Skeptics and unbelievers think this is a fable, but I don’t! I believe every word of God. Oh I want to see him look upon his face.

Those are my words not necessarily out of the song book. This is our hope church…and what a hope we have. Not a Fairy Tale nor a Fable ….but the anticipation of our destiny, the return of our Savior, our God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

And to those who know me well, “Clouds” that is my thing! Caught up in the clouds….can you imagine!

Nahum 1:3

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power,
and will not at all acquit the wicked:
the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm,
 and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

Matthew 26:64

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you,
Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power,
and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Written by: Glenna Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment