HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/5/13

Devotional for 5/6/13

Hello, My Name Is...

My husband and I were chatting with neighbors and as we were getting to know a little about each other, one of them mentioned their interest in scuba diving. Then I asked if they had heard of my father's company - he manufactures under water detection equipment.
 
Heard of it? Of course, they had heard of it. Was he really my dad? As I assured them of my relation, I watched their expressions as I rose greatly in their estimation from a 'neighbor' to the 'daughter of one who makes really cool things'.

As glad as I am to be my father's daughter - it is just a fraction of who I am. We are all made up of many parts, some of them good (being a friend) and some of them not so good (being adulterers, cheaters, addicts, liars) and different parts take up more of our time than others.

I have been called a lot of names in my life, some good, and some very bad. But I now know it is more important what I call myself, rather than what other people call me. Approval from others is nice, but it is a bonus, an extra in this world. I have to know who I am.

So, who am I? I believe in the Living God, who sent His Son to earth, to die on the cross and pay the price for all of our sins, so that we may live forever with Him in heaven. (see John 3:16). Because I believe, my name is "child of the One True King." If you believe, then you are His child, too.

There is a song by Christian artist Matthew West, called "Hello, My Name Is..." that encourages us to remember who we are, not who we used to be:
 http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0F9EB1NU

Dear Lord, thank You for getting my attention and showing me who You are in the Bible, so that I could discover who I am in You. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary...

    I have been thinking of writing on this concept/song, and you have done it so very aptly. Good write. This is a great song, and I want to say that, "I am a child of the living king." Whenever we have little negative voices whispering in our ears, it would be advisable to say, "CANCEL, CANCEL!!" and then sing this song.

    God bless,,,

    ReplyDelete