HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/25/13

"Continuous Renewed Mind"...Wednesday

Devotional...6/26/13                  

It never ceases to amaze me that as long as I keep my mind stayed on the Lord and on good thoughts, things go very well for me in my life. It is when I began to dwell on those things that are negative and dark, I can quickly spiral down into depression and discouragement. I can dive into that depression within a matter of minutes.

That is why the Lord tells us  in his word ini
Philippians 4:8 

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, 
whatever things are noble, 
whatever things are just, 
whatever things are pure, 
whatever things are lovely,
 whatever things are of good report,
 if there is any virtue 
and if there is anything praiseworthy
---meditate on these things."




We can be confident and assured that if we follow that passage continually in our life, we can experience God's peace and rest regardless of what is going on around us. Keeping our mind's stayed on Christ and all of His goodness is a great habit to have every moment, hour, and day of our life. I am ever so thankful that God's word truly works as we apply it in our life.



In His Radical Love,
Sandy Billingham

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy
    This is such a powerful teaching in the scripture. If we dwell on sad or unpleasant things it will steal our joy and sense of well being. It will drag our minds and attitudes away from Him. So we must think like this...

    "if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy ---meditate on these things."

    Good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's timing is always perfect - Recently I've found myself plunging ahead,or peeking from behind a tree to see what obstacles might be awaiting my mad dash into the day! Your thought has shifted me from overdrive to cruise control, Sandy, thanks for being obedient to the Holy Spirit and writing what He gives you!

    ReplyDelete