HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/8/13

WEARY AND WEAK



Sunday devotional, for 6/9/13

Life can be wearisome.  It can sap all our perceived strength and drag us down.  From a myriad of tiny annoyances that all pile up at once, to life-threatening occurrences that come upon us suddenly, life can be a struggle. But our God is there to help us through, no  matter what.
Isaiah 40:29 (45 kb)
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Isaiah 40:29

I'm weary Lord, give me strength.  I am weak, may my power increase.  So many minor issues are coming at once and driving me crazy, but I know you are in control.  Sometimes I do not receive the healing for which I pray, yet you are there.  Help me to praise your name regardless.  Give me the hope that only you can give, in the knowledge that you will be with me always.  May your Spirit overflow in me to strengthen my faith.  You alone have the words of eternal life.  May that give me courage to face whatever is to come. In Jesus' name, Amen

written by Jan Andersen

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jan

    I think that one of the shortcomings we often have is to turn all to praise and confidence that overcomes all weariness. We get bogged down with the circumstances instead. Thanks for this great reminder.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reminded of two songs as I wrote this:
    Francesca Battistelli - This Is The Stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe4SckesWLE ,
    and Laura Story - Blessings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOOFAaUGfRE

    ReplyDelete