HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/10/13

Lack of Time......Monday

11/11/13

My hands are full of dishes, my head is busy planning dinner, and the phone rings. It is a Saturday. I've been in and out all day trying to get things done at home in between running errands that don't get done during the week. I get off the phone and remember that I forgot to do one of the important things on my list, so I call and reschedule for the next day, right after church.

Then I think, if I just had one day extra, maybe if I didn't go to church, or I called in sick from work, I could finally get caught up on the chores, the errands, the mail, the grocery shopping, etc. But I know firsthand that skipping one Sunday morning will not get all of my stuff in order. I would need a year of Sunday's because lack of time is not really my problem.

My calendar and schedule do not actually drive my life, but my expectations and desires do! I choose to be involved in many things. I desire to squeeze as much as possible into any given day. I took a life management course and we were reminded that one of the options in life is to "not" do something. We can choose to "not" attend a function. We can choose "not" to join an activity. We can even choose "not" to do a project we've been planning to do for ages.

As the weekend comes to a close, instead of regretting what I didn't get done, I am feeling blessed. I am living in a free country, I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, and food to eat. God is good to me.
This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 NLT
Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You are not rushing me off my feet. Please help me to recognize and admit those things I am doing for my own desire and satisfaction. May I use my time in a way that is acceptable in Your sight. In Jesus name, amen. 

 Good To B e Alive - Official Lyric Video - Jason Gray  song and lyrics, co-written by Jason Gray 



Written by Mary M. Wilkins

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo true, We often over book with other excuses and things to make us ok in our own belief. I think people who are overbooked in church work think they are doing God's work. I know that this is not exactly what Mary was talking about, but it was brought to my mind. It is so wonderful that God does not chain us to our choices of things we want to do...we do. and we are allowed to adjust our activity to a level that works better for us.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    I love it when you let your Martha write to remind us that what overwhelms us is often what we tell ourselves we need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Just yesterday my sister and a good friend were visiting with me, and we all agreed that while we truly wanted to have "Mary" spirits, it is the "Martha's" of the world that get things done! And so the struggles go...the challenge of balancing time, commitments, and the things that really matter.

    ReplyDelete