HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/3/13

Our Father is Kind....Monday

As a little girl, my mother has told me, I seemed to seek out grumpy people at the grocery store, and after making eye contact, I would give them my biggest smile. She has described my actions as very intentional and that she didn't encourage or discourage me. Interestingly, the person would often look to see who I belonged to and then would give my mother a smile, too.

Studies have been done that confirm that something as simple as a friendly smile can change a person's emotional status and by doing that end up changing their whole outlook on the day. I think I care about other people and wish everyone could have a good day today. But as I look at how I behave in the grocery store now, I am very intentional at avoiding people who appear to be grumpy or upset.

Is God bringing this to my attention so that I will smile more, make eye contact, and speak kindly to strangers? Then this verse came to my attention:

Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior:
 Ask yourself what you want people to do for you;
 then grab the initiative and do it for them!
 If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back?
 Run-of-the-mill sinners do that.
 If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal?
 Garden-variety sinners do that.
If you only give for what you hope to get out of it,
 do you think that’s charity?
 The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.
I tell you, love your enemies.
 Help and give without expecting a return.
You’ll never—I promise—regret it.
 Live out this God-created identity
 the way our Father lives toward us,
 generously and graciously,
even when we’re at our worst.
 Our Father is kind; you be kind.
Luke 6:31-36 MSG
Dear Lord, thank You for the reminder that I can minister to other's while going about my every day routine and responsibilities. Please help me to remember that rejection, or the fear of rejection, is no excuse. My confidence is in You. It is You that I live for, and You who are watching over me. As long as I am doing what Your Word is leading me to do - I do not need to fear the people, or their reactions. In Jesus name, amen.


If you hear Love calling you, listen to Britt Nicole perform "The Lost Get Found":

Written by Mary M. Wilkins   

2 comments:

  1. I am going to put this into practice next time I go to Safeway. It is an idea which when done gives blessings not only to the smilee but also to the smiler.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If every Christian would share such smiles and kindness we would transform the world! Thanks for this beautiful word Mary.

    ReplyDelete