HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/3/14

Peace...Friday

April 4, 2014 

My search for scriptures of God bringing peace led me to the following.  Exactly what I needed to read!  I have written this out and put it in my calendar to read each day as often as I need from now until the 15th of April….and beyond, of course.  J 


And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7
 (NIV)
  
With the crazy business of this tax season for me, I have lost all peacefulness, and I am now to the point of just plain exhaustion.  I do feel and see the end in sight; however, at the same time I am feeling very impatient and grumpy with just wanting the deadline to be here.

The really good thing about this job and this time of my life is that I am now able to see that I may not be able to continue it until I retire.  During the last two months I have taken some notes to myself'. My focus, once my life is back at a normal pace, will be on reflecting, writing and doing a whole lot of praying about where I would like my life to lead.  There are oh so many things that I want to change, and I do know now that it is possible for me to do that.  Nothing is impossible when I have God on my side.  I just need to make myself a priority and follow my Father’s guidance as to where He is leading me. 
  

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
(NIV)




Written by 
Kelly Dobyns





2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need to slow down and give ourselves some quiet. I saw another quote as I looked for a graphic that said something to the effect that we should not look outside ourselves but within ourselves for peace. I think that is a valid idea as long as we look at it from a magnifying glass that God is holding over the search area.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kelly. The pressure and pace would be overwhelming without His peace.

    ReplyDelete