HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/17/14

Plans For Me...Friday

4/18/14

I went out on a limb and made a commitment to go to a woman’s retreat last weekend.  Even though I manage a tax office/CPA firm, I thought it would not be a problem, as we are always able to keep a handle on the work flow and remain above the deadline by about a week.  Yes, the last week we always have a few last minute clients waiting for completion due to various reasons.  Well, guess what this year has been a madhouse.  One of my bosses whose just been through his 42nd tax season, stated that this has been the worse one ever.  I have also spoken with other CPAs in our building, and they have had to deal with the same insanity and frustrations as we have this year.  There have been many different reasons for such madness, some of it is the tax law, some is the delays in getting necessary documents needed to complete accurate returns, and some are more specific to our firm.  Whatever the reasons are, we have all been struggling, yet surviving and managing to still remain relatively calm, yet exhausted.

What I have learned through all this is something I am so grateful to God for.  My being faithful to Him has allowed my ever loving Father to open my eyes, ears and heart to what He has been speaking to me for years, I am sure of, but, I have not slowed down or been open enough to see, hear and absorb the love that He has for me.  I now know that I am a gift to this firm.  I add value to the ‘family’ that is here.  For the nine years that I have been with them, I have allowed myself to feel put down, as I am not a CPA.  There is a level of respect that I am not given by them, due to that fact, however, the huge thing for me is that I have ALLOWED myself to be bitter about that, as well as create a worse scenario in my head of how I am NOT good enough.

I had a moment of clarity a few weeks ago in which I realized in a very humble and loving way that neither one of them could do the job that I have.  And I don’t mean that I am superior to them, just that they have different personalities that allow them to be great at what they do with the tax returns and I have a gift for picking up the fluff duties of the office administration, as well as some tax preparation,   In fact, both of them have told me in the past that I am awesome at what I do.  It is amazing how I am with the clients, as well as other compliments. I am the one that has held me back from embracing these gifts, accepting them and myself, as well as my bosses for sharing their honest feelings to me.

1 Corinthians 7:7
New International Version (NIV)
I wish that all of you were as I am. 
But each of you has your own gift from God;
one has this gift, another has that.

Now my plan for the after tax season craziness is to do some work on myself….some more listening to my beautiful,  loving Father and figuring out how I will best use the gifts He has given to me specifically.  Praise the Lord and all His greatness!! It is my prayer that others who have felt inadequate and unappreciated will see the reality and turn to the Lord to show them their strength.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Written by
Kelly Dobyns

Today's song is "I Know The Plans" sung by Damaris Carbaugh


1 comment:

  1. Whenever a person goes through a time of being overwhelmed it is good to ask what God is trying to show us and then apply it whenever possible. It sounds as if Kelly is planning on doing just that.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete