HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/23/14

It's Not About Them - Part 1......Monday

"It's not you, it's them," my friend reassured me.

My feelings had been hurt, and I was crying over the rejection of others. I wanted her words to be true. I wanted to be able to blame them. But satisfaction, comfort, and resolution remained out of reach. 

Many months later I was meeting with my pastors, lamenting over my lack of connection with a certain group within our church and they asked me, "What is it you want?"

"I want to be a part of them. I want them to say hi to me, and smile when I say hi back." It sounded childish as I said it-but I was speaking openly.

"Then tell them," the pastor said. His wife agreed, "They won't know, if you don't communicate."

It sounded so simple. I mulled it over for the next few days, and the next time I saw one of the ladies, I asked if I could speak with her for a minute. She said yes, and I proceeded to explain myself and how much I liked her and the other ladies. "I would like it if you could say hi to me with the same smile on your face as when you say hi to the other ladies, like you are so happy to see them.

"I really am happy to see them," she said sincerely. Then she continued, "I don't feel that way when I see you."

Her honest answer didn't actually surprise me. I can't explain exactly why, but it didn't even hurt me like I would have thought. Later in passing, pastor asked me if I had spoken to her. I calmly explained, "She doesn't like me like that and she can't fake it and pretend when it isn't true."

The truth had set me free emotionally. I had communicated my desire and she had answered me honestly. I didn't get what I wanted, but in the end I got what I needed. Please join me next week to find out what it was I needed.

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.
John 8:32 AMP

Dear Lord, thank You for the gift of hindsight, and for opening our hearts and giving us understanding about each other and ourselves. May the truths You reveal to us each day show us the hidden things in our lives, so that we may call them by name and be set free. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins


Louis Armstrong performs "What A Wonderful World"

1 comment:

  1. Well everywhere we go there are groups of BFFs that committed to the group they are in. Many times they do not seem to realize that they hurt others by reason of their exclusiveness. In a perfect world people would always be ready to welcome others in the light of our common backgrounds. It would be nice if this were the perfect world that Jesus taught us how to live in.

    ReplyDelete