HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/5/14

The Grass is Always Greener.....Thursday

Shiny black cows dot the pasture to my right. Two llamas sharing the field frolick in the distance. Heading home from work I am trying to avoid rush hour by taking this bit of country road. As I glide around a corner, three cows and their calves are munching grass right near the fence only a few feet from me. Except one cow has stuck her head in between some barbed wire and she is stretching her neck to eat grass on the outside of the fence. Acres of grass are hers for the eating, but she reaches for the 12 inches that are outside of her range.

That's me! I almost say out loud. God has blessed me abundantly with food, shelter, clothes, a job, family, friends, strength, etc. But when a catalog comes in the mail I search through the pages looking at all of the lovely things that would make my home 'perfect'. I have cupboards, freezer, and a fridge full of food but nothing I feel like eating. I want something different- even when I don't know what the something else is. 


"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied."
Matthew 5:6 ESV

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth."
1 Timothy 6:6 NLT

Dear Lord, thank You for using a funny cow to show me how silly I can be. Please forgive me for each time I focus on something I do not have. Please help me to remember to take hold of my thoughts and redirect them to those things that are good, worthwhile and valuable in Your eyes. I desire to hunger for what is right, rather than what is fulfilling. Please forgive me for thinking I would know what it is I need in order to grow and bloom into the daughter you have destined me to be. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins



You Are My All in All performed by Nicole Nordeman

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how we always want what appears pleasant and beyond what we have when what we have is also pleasant and geared towards all our desires and needs by God. Lord help us to be grateful and satisfied for all that you give us.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete