HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/20/14

Living in the Moment...Friday

November 21, 2014


I am so blessed and happy to be able to be doing so much better about living in the moment.  I have spent so much of my life worrying about the past and the other half of my time worrying about the future.  I am finally training myself to appreciate the present.  Just as the saying states.…

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery,
Today is a Gift, That’s why it's called the Present".

I have heard this for many years now and tried to live by it, but, have not been very successful at it.  These days though, I am having quite a bit more success.  I know the reason for that is God.  Praying, reading my bible, as well as, living my life with the goal of pleasing Him.  This doesn't mean that I live my life perfectly or that I am always staying in the present; however, it does mean that when I find myself going to my old habits and ways.  When my thoughts are getting into the worry zone, I am able to stop myself, pull things back to the present and get to my happy place so much quicker.

I am learning to say yes when invited to things; to be able to allow myself to have fun with my girlfriends, to be spontaneous when invited somewhere.  I am not allowing my negative thoughts to automatically say no, "I can’t."  And guess what has been happening with all of these changes?  I am having such a spirit of joy in my heart!  God has blessed me with so many wonderful lovers of Jesus for friends.  God has totally brought me into such a place of contentment and love of life.  Yes, I still struggle on a daily basis with certain things, but I am able to walk through them and find something that will make me smile.  I have learned that I need my quiet time, but I also really need my fellowship time to bring out the love that God has given me to share with all others. At that same time I get truly blessed by the love I am given by the others that I come in contact with every day of my life.

Make the Most of What God Gives

After looking at the way things are on this earth, here’s what I’ve decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that’s about it. That’s the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what’s given and delighting in the work. It’s God’s gift! God deals out joy in the present, the now. It’s useless to brood over how long we might live.Ecclesiastes 5:18-20
 (MSG)

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns

Kelly has picked two songs for this devotional



1 comment:

  1. One of the gifts that is given to us by God is friends that we can fellowship with and feel at ease with and learn from.

    ReplyDelete