HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/13/14

We are not made for ordinary lives..Thursday

11/13/14

Make the Master proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God’s emissaries for keeping order. It is God’s will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you’re a danger to society. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.
1 Peter 2:15-16

This morning I was in Bible Gateway looking for a specific verse. I knew what I planned to write about. I am late with this devotional because of some issues that went on last night. When I opened the site the verse they had up for the day is the one I have quoted above. (Now I am saving my planned topic for next week.) 

I started to think of the despair that some have about our country. The list of concerns go on and on. The list is not the same for everyone, but I think it is safe to say that we all do have a list, and it is probably pretty long. 



In the midst of it all we forget the admonition in scripture that says we realize that the people in high places would not be there if God had not allowed them to be there. When I think about it I find myself asking Him a loud, "WHY???" Who knows the mind of God and His reasons for what he allows? On verse (not quoted exactly here) reminds us that He is God and we are not. In the Scripture we find that God had (and probably still does have many reasons for the things that happened through out the time man has known Him. One is to teach and train. At times the need to face punishment for our stubborn ways and sin is behind things people have faced. ("RESPECT AUTHORITY" is the wording...first line...second box...sorry it was not easy to read)

I think that what is written here needs no more explanation from me. I could go on and on, but this is a personal thing that is better done by each individual. Take time to spend with God and let Him guide you in your thoughts and prayers today. You may emerge from this pondering knowing you were meant to thrive.

Written by
Corinne Mustafa






1 comment:

  1. Very appropriate considering peaceful protests that are used as a vehicle to instigate violence and looting.

    ReplyDelete