HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/30/15

FIX-IT and FORGET-IT......Monday

Image result for boiling water clip art



The white porcelain reflects the ceiling light making the small apartment kitchen very bright. Brand new the week I moved in, 10 months later and the stove's perfect condition has not been altered by me in any way. Simply because I do not cook. Although I did put a small pan of water on to boil to make some instant coffee for a friend. The pan was warped and the handle melted when the smoke alarm brought me back to the kitchen!


Fast forward a few years and I discover a fascinating cooking tool: the crock pot. It promises to fix all of my cooking problems. A little effort in the morning will be rewarded with a scrumptious meal at night. Pre-Google search days, I check stacks of cookbooks out of the library searching for affordable and appealing options. One common phrase for this type of cooking is FIX IT and FORGET IT.

Image result for broken heart clip artI wish life was like that. When something needs to be handled, we could just fix it and forget it. But the things that get broken in my life usually require focused attention. Especially in relationships, I have to work hard to be thoughtful, considerate, or attentive. Even with all of my efforts and good intentions I sometimes forget what is important, and hurt someone I truly care about. Unlike a ruined pan that I can just throw away - a hurting loved one requires patience, space, and special care. And that's not even a guarantee that the break will be repaired. I cannot just 'fix' and then hope everyone involved 'forgets'. 


But I'll be honest. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing the work. I hit an emotional wall, frustration rises up within me, and patient is the LAST thing I want to be. Sometimes I give way to my emotions and sometimes I choose the calmer path. Not to ignore my feelings, but to deal with them in a calm and honest discussion later on instead of a hot and angry outburst right now. But even though I am not as faithful as I wish I was, I take comfort in how faithful and trustworthy God is:

But this I call to mind,

    and therefore I have hope
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV

Dear Lord, thank You for Your patience, love and faithfulness towards us. We know we do not deserve so much compassion but we are grateful for it. Please help us to be patient with others, and allow them to have their own walk with You. Please help us to keep our eyes off of ourselves and not make everything about us. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins 

"The Broken Pieces" performed by Matthew West


2 comments:

  1. What an amazing reminder. We do not need to feel guilty when we blow something. Jesus wrote what He was willing to do in red on the cross. When we fail in an assigned task all we need to do is hand it to Him. He will help us fix it and then we can and should forget it.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this reminder to, "...allow them to have their own walk with You." My testimony should be about my walk, not about those I try to drag along the path that God has chosen for me!

    ReplyDelete